Monday, July 15, 2013

Taking Someone out for their First Fish By Bio-Bil

I had a cousin visiting my wife and I last week and we needed something to do for a couple of hours while my wife went to Baby Gym. I asked her if she would like to go fishing and she said she would, so we loaded my Jackson Bid Tuna into the truck and headed to the Cosumnes, since I knew the bluegill were biting there from my Kilroy review.

Since I knew that flies would work and my accomplice had never been fly fishing, the deal we made was that I would hook the fish and she could land it. I really like using fly gear in this type of situation for beginners, because fly reels are very simple and intuitive to use. There is no need to worry about line twist or backlashes.

After about 20 minutes had gone by and no fish, I could tell I was starting to lose her. Luckily I spotted a bluegill in the water about 10 yards away and managed to get it to grab my fly.

We ended the trip after about 2 hours and six bluegill landed. Mission accomplished. She could not have been happier to catch her first fish.
Kirsten's first fish.

Best fish of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment